It is this time of year that many of us are trying to decide what is working in our homeschools and what isn’t…I know I am. (well, I might have to say I am in a constant state of trying to figure this out)
Here are a few of the things that I know we are changing up for the upcoming school year:
- We will be slowing down our next Sonlight core–we want to be able to digest and enjoy it, not just be stressed trying to run through it. LOVE Sonlight, but need to slow it down. Next year we will be in 3 different cores….A, C, H!
- I am looking for a different Math curriculum for Matthew-Grade 7-pre-algebra—have been using Horizons but looking for something with more instruction. Each child learns differently and while Horizons is still awesome for my daughter doing the same level it isn’t as great for my son! (By the way, Alpha Omega is offering a 20% discount in April on your order and 15% in May!) Any ideas, anyone????
- We will be adding some of the Progeny Press Literature Study Guides….I just loved reviewing this product and can’t wait to add it into our curriculum for next year. The critical thinking skills and how to think biblically are taught so well through these guides.
- Sticking with Apologia science. I know at least one of my kids will be doing General Science (maybe 2) and then still trying to decide on another Young Explorer Book-maybe Land Animals for the 3rd grader and Kindergartener.
- Oh, and we sure do love Institute for Excellence In Writing. We’ve done SWI-A and Ancient History Based Writing. Hmm…what to choose next year, not sure yet but it will be IEW for sure!
- Would still love to figure out a bit better “schedule” for our days….it gets done but I feel like I am running around like a crazy lady. Maybe that is just the nature of 5 kids and a self-employed husband?
What about you? What things are you loving this year? What things will you be changing? I’d love to hear and learn from you….please leave a comment!