Schoolhouse Teachers: A Schoolhouse Crew Review
Sacha’s<25: A monthly subscription blending home learning with the latest technology provides you with plenty of learning opportunities for your entire K-12 homeschool (also great planners for teachers and students-my favorite!)
Home in the Trenches Product Rating (out of 10 stars)
Is it worth our time? 9 stars
Did it help us learn? 9 stars
Is it worth the money? 9 stars
Is it useful to me? 9 stars
Practicality- 9 stars
Quality- 10 stars
Kid Rating- 10 stars
What is Schoolhouse Teachers?
SchoolhouseTeachers.com was created with the vision to provide quality homeschool materials from the best teachers in many subject areas. We offer daily, weekly, and monthly lesson plans and activity ideas.
The tagline “Blended Learning, Innovative Education” means so much…..
“Blended learning is the use of both classroom teaching and online learning in education.” Our approach believes in the combination of face-to-face learning—i.e., home education and homeschool co-op settings—combined with the latest in technology. And that’s where innovative comes in. We’re using the latest in technology: online learning, E-Books, apps, back issues of The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine archived, and more. And there’s much more (video, audio files) to come.
Member Benefits and Privileges….
Daily, weekly, and monthly lesson plans and assignments are available 24/7/365 at the all new SchoolhouseTeachers.com.
1. Members-only access to lesson materials in these subject areas: Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Geography, History, Home Economics, Literature, Math, Music, Reading, Writing . . . and so much more!
2. The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine delivered straight to your inbox, monthly.
3. All The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine digital back issues—easily searchable, a fantastic feature that enables you to go directly to articles of interest.
4. The Homeschool Minute™ weekly E-Newsletter.
5. Download all five Schoolhouse Planners—the Parent version (hundreds of pages), all Student planners (3 versions) and the Special Needs planner.
6. 12 E-books from the Schoolhouse Store—one per month during the first year of membership.
7. All available TOS Expo-To-Go recorded sessions—including all future recordings, for the duration of membership.
8. After 12 months of uninterrupted membership, you will receive a $25 gift certificate to the “Totally TOS” section of the Schoolhouse Store.
The 2011-2012 Schoolhouse Planners, filled with scores of articles, helps, tips, calendars, and more—literally hundreds of pages of homeschool helps—are now free and yours to download!
When I first logged on to this amazing site it was a bit overwhelming. There is such a vast amount of information and planning and lessons. After spending a bit of time looking around I was really impressed with how there really is something for everyone. There are lessons that come up monthly, weekly, and daily! The lessons are provided by amazing teachers such as Terri Johnson, Diana Waring, Michelle Miller, Andy Harris and Kim Kautzer—just to name a few! As a parent/teacher I can log onto my account and look for lessons that we want to cover or even daily activities I want my students to work on! Just to name a few-filmmaking, lapbooking, and voice lessons! I really enjoyed watching some of the filmmaking lessons! Wow, these aren’t lessons you can just find anywhere, not to mention for this price! Of course, there are all the usual types of subjects as well—history, grammar, chemistry, economics, writing, literature. I want to mention here that some of the lessons are video based and some you just print out and go from there!
One of my favorite aspects of this membership is the planners are now included. In past years I have paid $30 for a planner for me and another $10-20 for each age group I needed planners for! No more! Free with your membership! I love these planners. The teacher planner is 800+ pages—choose the pages you need and print them out. They are also editable—I would type in our weekly lesson plans and print out copies for my kids! There are planner pages for your homeschool as well as your household!
Daily plans include–writing, math, grammar, today in history and much more. I will definitely be using some of these this year with my kiddos. Daily grammar explains a grammar rule and then has practice exercises to go with it! There are also 10 copybooks available if you want your child to work on copy work…no more needing to hunt down what you want them to do, these are all put in once place and nicely laid out!
All I can really tell you is there is more on this website than you could ever need and it is updated daily to include new content. Also included are all the back issues of TOS Magazine–my favorite homeschooling magazine—this is a goldmine right here!
What I liked:
- The value here is amazing…so much information and lessons for $5.95/month!
- The variety of the lessons provided–film making?, voice lessons?, as well as the traditional subjects.
- It really is a one-stop shop for all your homeschooling needs, and the best part is you only pay 1 low monthly price!
- There are daily lessons as well as weekly and monthly-something for every type of homeschool.
- Love the planners!!!!
- Love the back issues of TOS magazine as well as the new monthly digital magazine!
- Some of my favorite homeschool curriculum writers are teachers here!
What I didn’t like:
- hmmm, hard to find something!
To sum it up: For just $1 for the first month you can try out this amazing homeschool resource. I highly suggest you do yourself a favor…it will save you time and money in the long run!!!
The important information:
Order from: http://schoolhouseteachers.com/
Price: $1 for the first month, $5.95 for each additional month….sign up for a year at a time and there is an additional discount!
To read other Schoolhouse Crew reviews of this product click here.