A friend of mine on Facebook was looking for ideas of what to do with her kiddos since this week is going to be really hot and not much fun to be outside. It started to get me thinking and I wanted to post the ideas here for you as well. Also, if you have some ideas I would love for you to comment and share with the rest of us!
Here they are:
- Pinterest for sure! If you aren’t on Pinterest, you are really missing out. You can search and find all kinds of great ideas for everything under the sun! Homemade sprinkler from a 2 liter, finger painting recipes etc! Plus tons of recipes for great food!
- What about an indoor scavenger hunt?
- Add in some 5 minute tidy ups to keep the house picked up. 2 a day does wonders and do it right before a fun activity–they are more motivated that way.
- 30 minutes of reading.
- Board games. Our family had gotten hooked on Settlers of Catan. We also love Say Anything.
- Educational computer websites. Some are free–Star Fall (preschool and Kindergarden). We love Reading Eggs (prek-3rd) you can sign up just for a month two for the summer or yearly.
- Painting. Love Watercolors–easy cleanup. I just print off pages from the web that they request…strawberry shortcake, princesses, spiderman etc.
- Baking. (Once again, want really cute snack ideas–pinterest!)
- Homemade ice cream in ziplock bags. (google it)
- Memorize Bible verses.
- Learn a new language.
- Take advantage of a trip to your local library!
Alright, I am off to try to get my kids to work on a few cleaning projects…won’t they think I am such a cool mom? Yeah, maybe not…
Please leave any ideas you might have! I’d love to hear them!