This post is for all of you who still haven’t finished all of your Christmas gift wrapping yet! Above is a photo of our wrapping paper station that I have set up in our bedroom for the Christmas gift wrapping season. Yes, I know you are supposed to keep your bedroom as a special sanctuary. However, when you have 5 kids who would love to know their Christmas gifts the table goes in a room that can be locked!
I think I learned this tip from FlyLady and it has made gift wrapping so much easier! No more wrapping presents on the floor or having to clear the kitchen table in the middle of wrapping to eat dinner! All of our supplies are in one location and the table is all cleared off to wrap. My husband and I can go into our bedroom and wrap presents for an hour or just a few minutes easily! We just sent up a folding 6 foot table and we were ready to get started!
There are a supplies that we like to keep on hand at the table:
- tape (we are loving the Scotch pop up tape dispensers) These dispense 1 inch segments of tape without you needing to rip it. Also they somehow magically stick to the table. We have also used the kind that strap to your wrist. We like these too!
- Scissors-at least 2 pairs. This way if you lose one under the wrapping paper you have another pair handy.
- Sharpie markers and pens (to label gifts of course)
- Sticky labels or tags
- Wrapping paper
- I also like having a couple big plastic bins nearby to put the presents in once they are wrapped. Because we celebrate at multiple different locations I like to try and keep the gifts sorted by where I need to take them to be opened. So one bin for each side of the family!
- My husband likes to put the TV on and watch while he wraps. Or you could listen to some Christmas music to set the mood while you wrap!
I hope this might help some of you in your last minute wrapping! It raises your productivity level and you can get a few minutes in here and there wrapping between baking or other activities you might have planned!