Sacha’s<25: Beeyoutiful Skin Mineral Makeup is 100% pure minerals, and even gluten free…perfect for sensitive skin. Great color selection and safe products you can feel great about!
Home in the Trenches Product Rating (out of 10 stars)
Is it worth the money? 8 stars
Is it useful to me? 8 stars
Practicality- 7 stars
Quality- 8 stars
From the company, Beeyoutiful, comes a whole new line of natural living products! Beeyoutifulskin.com was started to give women an awesome option of mineral makeup! I was given some 6 week samples of Beeyoutiful Skin’s Mineral Makeup. I was able to choose a foundation color as well as eye color. I chose Cinnamon Rose Eye color as well as a small sample size of Morning Dove Eye Color from the 45 colors Beeyoutiful has in their line of eye colors! I chose Olivia for my foundation color from the 20 colors they offer. These foundation colors vary to compliment the lightest of skin tones to the darkest ebony. Along with the mineral makeup Beeyoutiful Skin gave us a Foundation Brush and a Combo Brush to use to apply our make up!
Why Mineral Makeup I Asked?
(so I did a little bit of my own research to find out…..here’s just a few reasons!)
- Mineral makeup is the safest type of makeup because it adheres to the natural oils in a person’s skin and doesn’t seep into the pores.
- When mineral makeup is done right, it is much more versatile than most makeup. You can mix the mineral foundation with water, moisturizers and cremes to make a liquid foundation consistency if that’s what you like. You can conceal with it or just use it as a light coverage.
- Mineral makeup is not only long lasting on your shelf but also on your skin.
This was my first experience using any sort of loose mineral makeup. Whew, was I glad that they had sent a DVD along with the products so I would know how to put this make up on. It is actually quite versatile in all of the different ways to apply it and how much you want on your face! The information from the DVD is also on their website. You can see the how to videos here!
The Foundation: I used it the first 5 times by shaking a little bit of the powder in the cap of the makeup and then mixing it with a little bit of my moisturizer. A little powder goes a long way…you don’t need much at all! I really liked doing it this way because it was very similar to putting on liquid foundation. (However, I have been told, much better for my skin than buying a traditional foundation due to the chemicals that are used in the foundations).
After getting this method down I tried out another method that was on the DVD. This method actually became my favorite! I would put my usual moisturizer onto my face, like I regularly do each morning. While it was still moist I would shake a little powder into the cap and using the awesome foundation brush that we got to review pounce the brush into the powder and then apply that to my face in a circular motion. Just remember not to put too much on the brush. You can tap it on the side of the lid to shake a bit off it you have too much!
The Eyecolor: Wow, depending on the shade of the eyecolor it can be used for different things, other than just your eyes! The color I picked was able to be used for lipcolor or eyecolor. I found the easiest way to use this mineral makeup was to shake a little bit in the lid and then wet the Combo Brush with a little water. Then I would mix the brush into the color. I would then be able to apply as eyeshadow, eyeliner, or lipcolor. Absolutely amazing. I was able to make it darker just by applying more color. After applying to my lips I would either put on some chapstick or clear lip gloss and it would really bring out the lipcolor and brighten it up. I actually really liked using lansinoh on my lips with this. (Yes the stuff for breastfeeding mothers in the purple tube).
What I liked:
- These products seemed to last a lot longer on my skin during the day than anything I have tried in the past! I could actually still see makeup on me in the afternoon and into the evening….my normal makeup has usually worn off and needs a lot of touching up by this time!
- Great selection of colors and super easy to match to my skin tones.
- The versatility of the eye color to be used as a lip color is awesome!
- Their customer service is really great. I spoke to Brooke a couple times on the phone about different questions I had!
- I loved both of the brushes…easy to use and still look just as new as the day I got them, even after 6 weeks of daily use!
What I didn’t like:
- My foundation lid cracked and started falling apart in little pieces and then my container did the same! They did send me a new container, so all was good…I was just surprised that it happened! I never dropped it!
- The powders are really hard to use while you are out and about. It is so easy to slap on some regular lipstick but mixing the powder with water and applying with a brush takes way more effort. Not really practical to take out of the house with you!
To sum it up: Looking for a healthier alternative for your makeup routine? Or maybe just wanting to try something new? I would suggest you give BeeyoutifulSkin’s mineral makeup a try! I was very happy with the products that I used and results I had with them!
The important information:
Order from: Beeyoutiful Skin—http://www.beeyoutifulskin.com/